TSPSC TOWN PLANNING:
TSPSC stands for Telangana state public service commission
TOWN PLANNING & BUILDING OVERSEERS IN MUNICIPAL TOWN PLANNING
Scale of Pay: 22,460 -66,330/-
(a) Must posses a minimum qualification of a Diploma in D.C.E./L.C.E./L.A.A., awarded by the State Board of
(b)Degree in B. Arch. Or B.E. / B.Tech(Civil) or B. Planning / B. Tech (Planning) from a University in
India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, State Act or Provincial Act, recognized by
the University Grants Commission.
(c) Any other equivalent qualification to the qualification under (a) & (b) above as prescribed by the
Government from time to time and shall be enunciate by the Government thereto.
GENERAL STUDIES AND GENERAL ABILITIES
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National and International
2. International Relations and Events.
3. General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology
4. Environmental issues and Disaster Management
5. Economy of India and Telangana
6. Geography of India with a focus on Telangana
7. Indian Constitution and Polity with a focus on local self Government
8. Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana
9. Policies of Telangana State
10. History of Modern India with a focus on Indian National Movement
11. History of Telangana with special emphasis on Movement for Telangana Statehood
12. Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation
13. Basic English (8th Class Standard)
PAPER-II: INTERMEDIATE VOCATIONAL STANDARD
Importance of Lettering and Numbering – Figure Sizes and Proportions IS Standard Practice. Construction of Plain Geometric Figures (Lines Angles, Triangle, Rhombus, Quadrilaterals, Polygon etc) Orthographic Projection- Recommended methods of Projections as per IS code. Construction of Ordinary Scale – Plain, & Comparative Diagonal, Vernier, & Scale of Chords. Drawing Plan and Elevation of Points, Lines, Surfaces & Solids. Conventional Signs and Symbols as per IS Code for Engineering Drawings and Buildings Drawings. Drawing and detailing of (a) Brick arrangements – Various types of Bonds, (b) Stone Masonry & Stone Joints ((c) Foundations – Various types (d) Damp Proof Course & Plinth Protection (e) Roof types – Reinforced Concrete, Madras Terrace & Jack Arch, (f) Flooring types – Timber Flooring, Steel Flooring, Tile Flooring, (g) Arches & Lintels Carpentry Joints, Framing, Paneling and Moulding (h) Doors types – Paneled, Glazed, and Flush Door, (i) Windows & Ventilators (j) Pitched Roof – Various types – King post, & Queen post, (k) Steel Roof Trusses (l) Stairs – Various types – Wooden, Steel and Reinforced Concrete – Spiral, Doglegged & Open Well (m) Single Storied Residential House – Plan, Elevation and Section (n) Cross section showing different types of Roads, Railway Track, Embankment and layout of Platforms (o) Different types of Irrigation Structures (p) Pipelines Joints Drainage Works, Manholes, Sanitary fittings, (q) Forms of Rivet Heads, Types of Riveted Joints, Standard Steel Section, Standard Connections. Surveying of Buildings Sites with Chain, Field Book Entries – Plotting – Calculation of Areas. Use of Prismatic Compass, Handling of Leveling Instrument – Differential Leveling, Surveying of Building Sites with Chain and Level for Calculation of Earth Work. Plotting of Longitudinal/Cross section, Drawing of Contours.